[GRASS-dev] GRASS Docker container - new website ?

Rainer M Krug Rainer at krugs.de
Fri Jul 3 01:58:34 PDT 2020

I just found the docker images, and am happy, that they are there!

But I am have three questions:

There is limited info on how they can be used on https://hub.docker.com/r/mundialis/grass-py3-pdal but there is no mention of the GUI (I assume it is not working?) or examples on how the image can be used. It would eb useful, if some more info could be provided by somebody who uses / knows these images. It would be useful, to include a link to the documentations itself in the new website.

The second questions concerns the R integration - it sounds intriguing, to consider that R interfaces with the GRASS docker container. Is this possible? Has somebody tried it?

The third question concerns AddOns - are they installed in the container, or outside?

Thanks,

Rainer

Orcid ID: 0000-0002-7490-0066

Department of Evolutionary Biology and Environmental Studies
University of Zürich
Office Y34-J-74
Winterthurerstrasse 190
8075 Zürich