[GRASS-dev] Official GRASS conda recipes?

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 19:08:46 PDT 2020

On Sun, May 31, 2020 at 10:10 AM Laurent C. <lrntct at gmail.com> wrote:

> It would be great if there was a set a consistent, up-to-date conda GRASS
> packages on conda-forge for the 3 main OS.
> Looking at the amount of recipes already existing, it seems that there is
> an interest:
> https://anaconda.org/search?q=grass
> https://github.com/search?q=grass+conda
>
> Unfortunately, none of them are up-to-date, some are for Linux, other for
> OSX, none for Windows, and none are on conda-forge.

Hi Laurent,

That would be great. Here is how far I got:

conda-based compilation:
https://github.com/GRASS-GIS/grass-gis-experimental-ci/tree/conda-compile

conda package recipe (macOS & Linux):
https://github.com/csdms-stack/grass-recipe/pull/1

Homebrew:
https://github.com/GRASS-GIS/grass-gis-experimental-ci/tree/homebrew-osgeo4mac

All of them rely on a good amount of patches to allow the compilation.

The patches are same or similar, so it would make sense to have the fix in
place or at least the patch in the source code itself both to share it and
to keep the workaround visible.

Best,
Vaclav