[GRASS-dev] Week 4 report: Creation of a new GRASS GIS startup mechanism

L.Kladivova L.Kladivova at seznam.cz
Fri Jun 26 03:43:53 PDT 2020

Hello GRASS GIS Community,

I am sending my report for Week 4 (June 22-June 28). The report can also be
found in the project wiki: https://trac.osgeo.org/…dow
(https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/GSoC/2020/StartupWindow).

1) What did I complete this week?

I finalized my work regarding the Location Wizard:

   * Editing of CRS selection page where WKT is using pasted text instead of
   search mechanism (see ​https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/721
   (https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/721), see ​https://github.com/OSGeo/
   grass/issues/706(https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/issues/706))
   * Correction of errors according to flake 8 and addition of some
   description (see ​https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/728
   (https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/728))

I have also started to work on other issues related mainly to the Data
Catalog:

   * Correction of "list index out of range" error appears in the Console
   tab in GUI after right click on the database directory ("grassdata") node
   (root) in the Data tab (see ​https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/736
   (https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/736), see ​https://github.com/OSGeo/
   grass/issues/709(https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/issues/709), already
   done)
   * Add new mapset action to data catalog (see ​https://github.com/OSGeo/
   grass/pull/731(https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/731), see ​https://
   github.com/OSGeo/grass/issues/717
   (https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/issues/717))

      * created GenericMultiValidator in gui_core/widgets that can pass
      tuple of conditions and callbacks,
      * defined callbacks (_nameValidaionFailed, the ogr check and also test
      whether the mapset already exists) inside the NewMapsetDialog class,
      * created simple function in guiutils to check if mapset exists.

2) What am I going to achieve for next week?

I would finalize on the PR Add new mapset action to data catalog (see ​
https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/731
(https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/731), see ​https://github.com/OSGeo/
grass/issues/717(https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/issues/717)):

   * adjusting the code in gis_set.py to accommodate the new changes,
   * creation of new function in datacatalog/tree called insertMapset for
   inserting a mapset into a virtual tree,
   * adjusting the code in gis_set.py and tree.py to accommodate the new
   changes.

I would also start to work on other issues related mainly to the Data
Catalog:

   * Add, rename and delete of Location and Mapset in Data catalog (see ​
   https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/issues/710
   (https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/issues/710))
   * Distinguish mapsets by ownership and lock (see ​https://github.com/
   OSGeo/grass/issues/714(https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/issues/714))