[GRASS-dev] db.copy gives error

Paulo van Breugel p.vanbreugel at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 01:38:18 PDT 2020

On Sat, Mar 14, 2020 at 11:39 PM Markus Metz
<markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 14, 2020 at 3:27 PM Paulo van Breugel <p.vanbreugel at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Dear devs,
> >
> > I have a grassgis database with in the mapset 'Permanent' a table
> > 'vegetation_lookup'. I want top copy this table to the current mapset.
> > The following used to work I think, but now gives me some errors:
> >
> > db.copy from_driver=sqlite
> > from_database=/media/grassdb/biodiv/PERMANENT/sqlite/sqlite.db
> > from_table=vegetation_lookup to_driver=sqlite
> > to_database=$GISDBASE/$LOCATION_NAME/$MAPSET/sqlite/sqlite.db
> > to_table=vegetation_lookup
>
> Looking at the code of db.copy, it is not possible that this ever worked, you need to replace the variables with their actual values.

Yes, I did work with the actual values, which gave me the error below.
Then I tried the above, but that as you rightly noted, shouldn't, and
didn't work either. In the meantime I recreated the database and did a
fresh install of grass, and now my script works again. I am not sure
which of the two made it work again (should have done this more
systematically), but in any case, thanks for the feedback Markus.