[GRASS-dev] grass on osgeo4w and spyder

Paulo van Breugel p.vanbreugel at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 03:44:00 PDT 2020

Hi devs,

Has any of you experience in running Spyder (or any other Python IDE)
from the GRASS command line (GRASS  installed on Windows 10 with
OSGeo4W)? Any tips for how to set this up?

I can run R/Rstudio from the GRASS command line. Nothing to set up,
just typing in rstudio on the grass gis command line to fire up
rstudio.

That does not work, however, with Spyder (installed with Anaconda). As
an alternative, I tried to install Spyder with pip on the osgeo4w
command line. Installation seems to work, but when typing in spyder3
on the command line, nothing happens.

Best regards,

Paulo