[GRASS-dev] Calling all imagery (especially i.maxlik and i.smap) users

Maris Nartiss maris.gis at gmail.com
Fri May 8 04:02:59 PDT 2020

Hello Brad.
piektd., 2020. g. 8. maijs, plkst. 05:36 — lietotājs Brad ReDacted
(<brad.redacted at protonmail.com>) rakstīja:

> Hello,
>
> IIRC, signatures cannot be handled as colors without significant modification to api.
>
> Is there a particular reason for not improving the API to be map portable and remove subgroups from modules that do not explicitly require it?

Thanks also to Veronica and Sajid for feedback :-)
Yes, that's the whole point of this thread — to find out more how
people use GRASS image groups so they can be changed (requiring
breaking API, GRASS database structure).

Last night I couldn't sleep and came up with a sound idea of replacing
subgroups with semantically sounder alternative that would allow to
make group independent signature files. Concept still needs some
thinking over and writing/drawing. If anyone is willing to help in
changing imagery support for GRASS 8, let me know.

Māris.

PS. More user stories are still welcome :-)