[GRASS-dev] best practices for subject lines of PR

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Fri May 8 07:41:01 PDT 2020

Hi,

A few days ago, we had a discussion about good labelling of PRs/commits
in order to make it easier to create News pages for new releases. I just
opened PR #601 [1] which changes the API of the v.distance module. Is
there a specific label I should put into the subject line of this PR to
mark the API change ?

Similar question for PR #534 [2] in which I added new functionality to
v.neighbor. I added [NEW FUNCTIONALITY] into the subject line in order
to make it apparent, but in a certain way this is redundant with the
'enhancement' tag.

So, could anyone provide some guidance concerning the best way to
label/tab/entitle these PRs ?

Moritz

[1] https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/601
[2] https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/534