[GRASS-dev] best practices for subject lines of PR

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Sat May 16 05:19:39 PDT 2020

On 16/05/20 03:32, Vaclav Petras wrote:

> On Fri, May 8, 2020 at 1:04 PM Stefan Blumentrath
> <Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no <mailto:Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     Yes, I would also be very interested in some guidance on this!
>

> Here are guidelines I wrote for commit messages for Subversion. A lot of
> it should still apply for both commits and PRs.
>
> https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/Submitting/General#Commitmessages

That is a useful general guide, but the recent discussion was concerning
labelling commits specifically for making it easier to decide which ones
should be part of release news. I don't know if these guidelines are
enough for that, or whether we should decide on specific tags (either
github tags or [XYZ] tags in the commit message. Maybe MarkusN can give
us his opinion as he has the experience of extracting the info.

Moritz