[GRASS-dev] OSGeo virtual code sprint

Denis Ovsienko denis at ovsienko.info
Sat Nov 7 09:45:33 PST 2020

Hello all.

I've been working on a geomorphon data processing project for a while
and would like to have the code completed and published soon, would it
make sense to do that as a part of the sprint?

The work that still needs to be done is as follows:

1. Merge https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/1052
2. Open and merge another GRASS pull request with a few more cleanups
   (ready as soon as you are).
3. Open and merge another GRASS pull request with a new feature for
   r.geomorphon (will be ready after a bugfix).
4. Finalize and publish a small stand-alone data processing tool based
   on the new r.geomorphon feature. It is a niche solution that I have
   developed as an independent contribution to a research project. I am
   not sure if it is useful enough to live under GRASS or OSGeo hood,
   but hopefully it is useful enough in similar research elsewhere.

Let me know what you think and if you need additional information.

--
    Denis Ovsienko