[GRASS-dev] Milestone management: 7.8.5 or 7.10 or 8.0.0?

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 10:15:08 PDT 2020

Hi,

so 10. 10. 2020 v 18:21 odesílatel Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> napsal:

let's split obvious milestone from to-be-decided milestone.

> we need to decide about the next milestone: do we want
>
> - 7.8.5, or

refers to releasebranch_7_8 branch. GRASS 7.8.4 has been released
recently. There will be very probably another point version release in
three months (January 2021).

> - 7.10 , or
> - 8.0.0

Yes, it was discussed some time ago. I remember that we were inclined
to 8.0 [1] (scenario 3). Major reasons:

* image collections (breaks TGIS backward compatibility)
* new startup (GSoC)

I think it could be realistic to release 8.0.0 in the first quarter of
2021 (Feb?).

Martin

[1] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/Release/Schedule#Scenario3

--