[GRASS-dev] Milestone management: 7.8.5 or 7.10 or 8.0.0?

Anna Petrášová kratochanna at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 06:29:36 PDT 2020

Hi,

just to confirm what Martin and Vero were saying, the problem is we have
breaking changes (TGIS) in master and new, fairly major features (data
catalog, new startup mechanism) and probably some other things, so we can't
simply branch off 7.10 without disabling those. So that's why during the
recent call we had we leaned towards releasing 8. I agree beginning of 2021
should be realistic, although I am not sure what is the timeline of the
PROJ changes.
We have the GRASS 8 ideas here, so it would be worth reviewing what could
be realistically accomplished:
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/Grass8Planning

Anna