[GRASS-dev] Fwd: [OSGeo AGM 2021] [Action required] GRASS GIS upload link please upload your video till August 30

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at ncsu.edu
Fri Aug 20 20:34:59 PDT 2021

I am not sure whether this was discussed already or anybody from PSC knows about this but we need to prepare
a short 1 minute video about GRASS updates for FOSS4G AGM - see more details below and here
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Annual_General_Meeting_2021 <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Annual_General_Meeting_2021>

I checked the slides and GRASS project is updated (thanks Vasek?) so that is done, now we need the video.
I think that adding 2 narrated slides with some nice images/photos/animations would be great and we will
need a volunteer to record.

I shared google slides with you - it has the AGM slide and 2 additional as template - feel free to add material keeping
in mind that it should be 1 minute.

Thanks a lot, Helena

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> From: "Astrid Emde (OSGeo Secretary)" <secretary at osgeo.org>
> Subject: [OSGeo AGM 2021] [Action required] GRASS GIS upload link please upload your video till August 30
> Date: August 16, 2021 at 11:56:17 AM EDT
> To: Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org>, hmitaso at ncsu.edu
>
> Hello Markus, hello Helena,
>
> we invite you and your team to present the GRASS GIS project at the OSGeo AGM 2021.
>
> This year we will publish the OSGeo AGM video in advance of FOSS4G [1].
>
> You find all important information about the AGM at [5].
>

> Video upload link
> -----------------------
> Please use the following upload link to upload your video (Deadline 2021-08-30)
>
> https://vortraege.fossgis.de/u/d/b87f9e4fef7b434a839a/
>
> Timeline
> -----------------------
> - 2021-08-30: upload your video and update the AGM slides [2]
> - 2021-09-10: AGM 2021 complete video will be published
> - 2021-10-01: 11h Argentinian Time Zone (14:00 UTC) Join the OSGeo AGM 2021 meeting at FOSS4G [3] [4]
>
> If you have questions or problems with the upload of your video please let us know secretary (at) osgeo (dot) org.
>
> Stay safe,
>
> Astrid Emde
> OSGeo Secretary
>
> [1] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDvJEf8hXbyeVqaYaS8sLvw
> [2] https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1brbBb7-sKRI6U4dZ7LKnBT_-NnWzyS2TaZqVXzy8RDo/edit#slide=id.p4
> [3] https://callforpapers.2021.foss4g.org/foss4g2021/talk/WDEW3P/
> [4] https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2021&month=10&day=1&hour=14&min=0&sec=0&p1=51&p2=26&p3=49&p4=155&p5=217&p6=312&p7=250&p8=71&p9=248&p10=240
> [5] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Annual_General_Meeting_2021
>
> --

> Astrid Emde
> OSGeo Board Member and OSGeo Secretary
> Open Source Geospatial Foundation
> https://www.osgeo.org/member/astrid-emde/
> astrid_emde at osgeo.org

Helena Mitasova
Professor, Department of Marine, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
Faculty Fellow,
Center for Geospatial Analytics
North Carolina State University
Raleigh, NC 27695-8208