[GRASS-dev] lib/gis/band_reference.c ?

Maris Nartiss maris.gis at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 02:09:33 PDT 2021

Band reference rules were totally relaxed 7 days a go:
https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/commit/abe194dce78adf5f63885a6a09c452fc7ae4f735

New relaxed rule changes haven't propagated to the documentation yet
(PR's welcome).

Band reference editing via r.support was added on 4th of July:
https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/commit/ca1551206eaa0fc462f4849a06ebb035808470da

Still – keep in mind – there are no changes in band metadata as
managed by g.bands. Changes only deal with ability to have a band
reference without extended metadata in json files. Thus limitation of
not being able to define your own band reference is still in place,
now only you can assign a band reference without having a definition
(and thus any extended metadata apart from its name).

Māris.