[GRASS-dev] GSoC Week 4: Improved Integration of GRASS GIS and Jupyter Notebooks

Caitlin Haedrich caitlin.haedrich at gmail.com
Sun Jul 4 20:33:58 PDT 2021

Hello everyone,

With week 4 wrapping up, here is a brief update of what I've been working
on. Per usual, you can find more information on the project on the wiki
page [1] and you can try proposed changes out in the Binder link in the
description of each PR.

1) *What did I accomplish during Week 1?*

   - I had a productive meeting with my mentors: Vaclav Petras, Helena
   Mitasova and Stefan Blumentrath. We discussed how environments work and the
   purpose of copying the environment each time an instance of GrassRenderer
   is called.
   - I finished and merged a class called GrassRenderer for non-interactive
   map displays [2].
   - I continued to work on interactive mapping with folium. In particular,
   I changed how data is passed to folium so that it is first reprojected to
   WGS84 (required by folium/leaflet) in a new location/mapset [3].

2) *What do I plan on doing next week?*

   - Continue to work on interactive functions with folium.

3) *Am I blocked on anything?*

   - No, I'm not blocked on anything at the moment.

Until next week,
Caitlin

[1] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/GSoC/2021/JupyterAndGRASS
[2] https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/1668