[GRASS-dev] [release planning] GRASS GIS 8: create new release branch

Maris Nartiss maris.gis at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 01:19:55 PDT 2021

Hello all.

> Hi Anna, all,

> So, from my point of view, as you suggest:
>
> - get g.extension working, then
> - create a new release branch
> - after that the GSoC merge into master.

There are a few PRs to merge but they are stuck due to failing tests –
Windows build & test is just bad (no bug or PR so far?), CentOS is too
old (#1709) & needs auto tools update to fix it (or at least env
variable in build script as I just have done to enable testing in
#1501), Ubuntu based test scripts use g.download.location extension
that is not operational at the moment (fixed by #1715?).

I would also strongly advocate merging ctypes upgrade before 8.0

> Best,
> Markus

Māris.