[GRASS-dev] [release planning] GRASS GIS 8: create new release branch

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 14:24:58 PDT 2021

#1700 seems to be close to being finished. Please test.

https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/1700

> There are a few PRs to merge but they are stuck due to failing tests –

I fixed the g.download.location part in #1715 and all or most "randomly"
failing tests in #1681.

https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/1681

> Windows build & test is just bad (no bug or PR so far?),

Can someone give an update on that, please?

> CentOS is too
> old (#1709) & needs auto tools update to fix it (or at least env
> variable in build script as I just have done to enable testing in
> #1501),

...or CentOS 8, CentOS Stream, or remove the CentOS test.

https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/issues/1709#issuecomment-880215427

#1715 is merged, so the tests are fixed.

> I would also strongly advocate merging ctypes upgrade before 8.0

Seems to be close to being finished too.

Vaclav