[GRASS-dev] [release planning] GRASS GIS 8: create new release branch

Veronica Andreo veroandreo at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 07:09:54 PDT 2021

Hello devs,

As you all know, grass birthday is approaching... July 29th is just around
the corner. I'd love to celebrate GRASS' bday with a new release, with a
big release ;)
Do you think that is doable? How much is missing for GRASS 8 release?

The next important date is FOSS4G 2021 on September 27th - October 2nd,
where we have proposed GRASS 8 talks and workshops. If we can't make it for
GRASS GIS' birthday, do you think it's feasible to release before FOSS4G,
say August for example?

I think it's really important to agree on a date so we can all manage our
reduced time and focus our efforts towards that aim.
What do you say?

Best,
Vero