[GRASS-dev] FIXED: Re: compiling GRASS-latest - configure fails with Unable to locate PostgreSQL includes

Zoltan zoltans at geograph.co.za
Mon Jun 21 02:34:04 PDT 2021

Hi Markus/Māris,
Thanks for your interest.
@Māris:  I did provide the log tail-end on my first post.

@Markus: I started off the process using Google/Duck-Duck-Go to piece
together what info I needed, as I wanted ECW support and one or two
other add-ons.
Far too many websites offering help, come up.
I read through a couple but only later the Grasswiki you referred to
below - and then only noticing the with-XXX-includes folder directives.

my bad :-(

Regards and keep well,
Zoltan

*On 2021-06-20 18:42, Markus Neteler wrote:*
> Hi Zoltan,
>
> On Sat, Jun 19, 2021 at 12:36 PM Zoltan <zoltans at geograph.co.za> wrote:
>> Hi Devs,
>> Sorted!
>>
>> The correct folder(s) were:  -with-postgres-includes=/usr/include/postgresql --with-freetype-includes=/usr/include/freetype2
>> (Had to add the freetype include folder as well)
> Glad you solved it.
> BTW, there is a wiki page with hints:
> https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Compile_and_Install_Ubuntu#Quick_instructions
>
> Please feel free to improve it as needed.
>
> Best
> Markus

Zoltan Szecsei GPrGISc 0031
Geograph (Pty) Ltd.
GIS and Photogrammetric Services

Cape Town, South Africa.

Mobile: +27-83-6004028 (Signal, not WhatsApp)
www.geograph.co.za