[GRASS-dev] Introduction - GSoC Student

Caitlin Haedrich caitlin.haedrich at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 12:48:46 PST 2021

Hi All,

I'm new to the GRASS-dev community and interested in doing Google Summer of
Code this summer so I thought I'd introduce myself here. I'm a 1st year PhD
student at North Carolina State University working with Dr. Helena Mitasova
and the GeoForAll Lab <https://geospatial.ncsu.edu/geoforall/index.html>.
I'm interested in developing geospatial models and tools that have to do
with flooding, sea level rise and the environmental impacts of climate
change. I'm currently developing my coding skills and beginning to
contribute to GRASS GIS and Tangible Landscape
<https://tangible-landscape.github.io/>.

I'm applying for the project on improving the integration of GRASS and
Jupyter Notebooks. Before applications open at the end of the month, I'm
going to be working on the "test of skills" listed: building a test module
for an r.centroids module <https://github.com/OSGeo/grass-addons/pull/396>
I've been working on and finishing the zonal-of-solar notebook
<https://github.com/wenzeslaus/grass-zonal-of-solar>.

Looking forward to working together,
Caitlin

--

Caitlin Haedrich

Ph.D. Student, Geospatial Analytics | Center for Geospatial Analytics

North Carolina State University

https://chaedri.github.io/