[GRASS-dev] Add-ons not building since January

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Tue Mar 16 06:57:48 PDT 2021

On 16/03/21 14:45, Anna Petrášová wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 16, 2021 at 8:55 AM Moritz Lennert
> <mlennert at club.worldonline.be <mailto:mlennert at club.worldonline.be>> wrote:
>
>     On 16/03/21 06:57, Luca Delucchi wrote:
>      > On Tue, 16 Mar 2021 at 01:10, Veronica Andreo
>     <veroandreo at gmail.com <mailto:veroandreo at gmail.com>> wrote:
>      >>
>      >> Hi devs,
>      >>
>      >
>      > Hi Vero,
>      >
>      >> I'm teaching a GRASS course and one of the students using
>     windows told me that he didn't have i.landsat.qa <http://i.landsat.qa>.
>      >>
>      >> Checking the log, the last building date seems to be January
>     26th [0]. i.landsat.qa <http://i.landsat.qa> was added a couple of
>     weeks later, hence not there.
>      >>
>      >> Is there a way to re trigger the building of add-ons for
>     windows? Or an alternative solution for windows users to install
>     add-ons?
>      >>
>      >
>      > I'm not a windows user, so I could say something wrong, since it is a
>      > python script could be enough to copy the python file into addons
>      > folder and make it executable (on Unix it works)
>      >

>     I think in MS Windows, this implies creating a .bat file which then
>     call
>     the .py script. Look at how the current version of the scripts in
>     i.landsat (or any other Python addons) are organized.
>
>     You can create the zip file yourself and make it available to the
>     students and they can point to the file directly with url=.
>
>     Spo yes, it is definitely possible, but it is always a bummer when you
>     have to use such an approach to install an extension when g.extension
>     should "just work". Just makes GRASS GIS less credible.
>
>     The recently added r.centroid is not available either. Maybe we can
>

> It's completely missing for grass78, but for grass79dev it's there, but
> it had issues with compiling its manual, which is fixed now.

Yes, there seems to be a specific issue with the grass78 addons. This
said: is there any special reason to differentiate between grass78 and
grass79 addons for Python scripts ?

Vero, you could try if the student can install by pointing url to
https://wingrass.fsv.cvut.cz/grass79/x86_64/addons/grass-7.9.dev/i.landsat.zip.

Moritz