[GRASS-dev] Next Tasks For The GSoC Project

Huidae Cho grass4u at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 11:13:31 PDT 2021

On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 9:28 PM Vaclav Petras <wenzeslaus at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 4:03 PM Sunveer Singh <singhsunveer54 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> What are some next tasks on which I can work to familiarize myself more
>> with the project and demonstrate my skills.
>>

> First, let me extend the question to other potential mentors to see if
> they have other things they would like to see for the test of skills.

Sunveer,

I think it depends on what you want to achieve for GSoC. Are you interested
in a project that only requires Python or C or both, or even C++? What is
your level of skills in either language? How will you be able to show your
skill level? Do you want to take one of these ideas from
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/GSoC/2021 or want to propose your own
project? These are some questions you may want to think about.

I'm going to solicit applications for
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/GSoC/2021#Parallelizationofexistingmodules
soon.

Best,
Huidae

--
Huidae Cho, Ph.D., GISP, /hidɛ t͡ɕo/, 조희대, 曺喜大
GRASS GIS Developer