[GRASS-dev] [release planning] GRASS GIS 8: create new release branch

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Fri May 14 19:18:12 PDT 2021

On Fri, May 14, 2021 at 3:54 PM Michael Barton <Michael.Barton at asu.edu>
wrote:

> The r.colors/v.colors log scaling was getting close to being fixed. But I
> don't know if Huidae has had time to work on it recently.

Related to vector colors with v.colors, I also wanted to change how d.vect
works with colors of areas, but I'm unsure about how to proceed there.

https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/1146

> It would be very nice to have increasing PDAL functionality by adding
> r.in.pdal.

More work is needed, so probably not for the initial beta, but we are in a
good position to include it as is if we find ourselves before the release
without r.in.pdal.

> Along those lines, why doesn't v.in.pdal show up in the menu? I thought
> that was supposed to be automatic now.

The menus are handcrafted - there is a strutructure which is in the menus
(i.e., nothing in the modules themselves is used to sort them out
hierarchically). What is automatic is the Addons: If you install the
script-based r.in.pdal from Addons, it will show up automatically.

https://grass.osgeo.org/grass78/manuals/addons/r.in.pdal.html