[GRASS-dev] Planning 8.2.0

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 09:54:49 PDT 2022

Dear all,

I have created the release branch for 8.2 series [1] and we are close to
releasing version 8.2.0 [2]. RC1 will follow shortly.

As a reminder, 8.2.0 will contain most of the GSoC 2021 work done by Linda,
Caitlin, and Aaron (opt-in single window, grass.jupyter, several parallel
modules).

Creation of the release branch also means that the main branch is now ready
for larger changes.

Best,
Vaclav

[1] https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/tree/releasebranch_8_2