[GRASS-dev] lib/rast3d/error.c

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 10:13:50 PDT 2022

Hi Brad,

On Tue, 26 Apr 2022 at 12:37, Brad ReDacted <brad.redacted at outlook.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is there any particular reason lib/rast3d/error.c exists? All I see is
> duplicated functionality to lib/gis/error.c with different function
> names.

I think the general idea there is that the rast3d library uses a different
function than the modules. A function which only prints, does not call
fatal (does not call exit or long jump), and can be customized
independently. In other words, Rast3d_error is not the same as
G_fatal_error.

> Are there any objections to deleting lib/rast3d/error.c and using the
> equivalent functions of lib/gis/error.c?

Generally, no objections from me. I don't think rast3d lib needs different
functions than the rest of the code. On the other hand, the idea of
different functions for the library and the modules seems worth preserving
or pursuing further, but in the context of the whole library, not just
rast3d.

Best,
Vaclav