[GRASS-dev] Mini project 2022: Week 1: Redesigning a map display status bar combo box into a new settings dialog

Linda Kladivová L.Kladivova at seznam.cz
Sun Jan 9 11:57:56 PST 2022

Hello guys,

I think it would be nice to write a report about the GUI mini-project (1),
(2) every week so we all know how it goes. :-)

1) What did I complete this week?

This week I worked on the new Map Display settings dialog which is
accessible from the Map Display toolbar. I created a separate file for this
purpose and proceed to move checkboxes from the Map Display status bar there
- Render, Align extent, Resolution, and Show region. The Render checkbox is
also still accessible through the status bar, however other checkboxes were
removed from the status bar combo box and are further available only from
Map Display settings (3). Furthermore, I and Tomas Zigo fixed the closing
event for the Map Notebook tab in the experimental Single-Window GUI (4).

2) What am I going to achieve for the next week?
Now it's time to relocate more complicated items from the status bar combo
box. First I am gonna start to work on the Mask which will be newly placed
to the main window status bar. It seems like a more complex task.

3) Is there any blocking issue?
No, it isn't.

(1)    https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-dev/2021-December/095491.html
(https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-dev/2021-December/095491.html)

(2)    https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/wxGUIDevelopment/
RedesigningStatusbar
(https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/wxGUIDevelopment/RedesigningStatusbar)

(3)    https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/2031
(https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/2031)

(4)    https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/2072
(https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/2072)

Please, don’t hesitate to share any suggestions!

Best,

Linda