[GRASSGUI] how to "turn on" new features?

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Tue Apr 24 00:13:13 EDT 2007

On 4/23/07 2:42 AM, "Martin Landa" <landa.martin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> ./scripts/p.mon p0
> ./scripts/p.cmd "d.vect roads" [not working with wxgrass because all
> layers have type "command" not "vector/raster", need to be fixed]

This is intentional. For the layer tree, it works much more cleanly to have
all commands pass through a single parser, rather than have a separate
parser for each d.* command. Because the command is actually being built by
the dialog generated by menuform.py, it is difficult to know what options
and flags will be added. But it is easy to just send that command on to the
GRASS to be run.

Also, maintaining separate methods, with a predefined list of options and
flags for every d.* command could get to be a real difficulty. Any change in
a d.* command would mean revising the code. If we just pass the command on
through, we don't have to worry about it.

Same with the command line. This way we don't have to try and deconstruct
what someone types. Just send it on and not worry about it.

Michael