[GRASSGUI] wxgrass ready for testing

Jarek Jasiewicz jarekj at amu.edu.pl
Fri Jun 15 12:25:18 EDT 2007

Michael Barton wrote:
> The new wxPython GRASS interface  (AKA wxgrass) is pretty much equal
> in functionality to the standard TclTk interface, and so is ready for
> regular testing. All items from the TclTk menus are on the wxPython
> menus. There are a couple of caveats.
My machine: AMD 3800 with 1 GB, ubuntu Feisty.

Hi here are my first suggestions after couple of tests

first some simple bugs I found for now:
- map calculator: starts r3.mapcalculator insted on r.mapcalculator
- list maps (from manage mas and volumes generate errors)
- lack of run quietly and allow overwrite in most dialogs (probably all)
- r.watershed: lack of threshold and stream lenght parameters, generaly
r.watershed cannot be run
- r. lake raster map (DEM cannot be choosen), lack of map in drop-down list

Next some more general:
- What about multichooise in drop-down list?? (for example in g.remove)
in tcltk more than one map can be choosen by ctrl + click. How to do it
in wx gui??
- what about command name in main menu? when mouse move over main menu
in status bar appears adational information about module insted of
command  (like is in tcltk). It was better solution because most help
system and viki's are based on modules name (r.thin instead of thin
linear fetures) so finding proper dialogs by browsing menu seems imposible
- well, what about "hard-working" command, like for example r.fill.lake?
This command became all wx gui unavailable,  till r.fill lake finish
work (mabe it is only bug with that dialog??).
- r.mapcalculator (can be run from gui prompt) dividing it into two tabs
make this module less funcional, because it require switching between
tabs if you forgot what is A or B map

thats all I found for now

greetings
Jarek