[GRASSGUI] Re: [GRASS-dev] wxgrass ready for testing

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sat Jun 23 11:19:03 EDT 2007

On 6/18/07 8:49 AM, "Moritz Lennert" <mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:

>>> How do I erase a layer which was displayed via a d.* command ?
>>
>> d.erase with a color argument. e.g., d.erase white.
>
> This works, but it also erases all the layers which were entered via the
> gui. I.e. in spearfish:
>
> - add a vector layer via gui
> - display
> - type d.vect streams in command line + enter: both vector maps are
> displayed
> - type d.erase white in command line: both vector maps disappear
>
> I know this is asking for a lot, but would it be possible to distinguish
> between the two types of layers (gui and command line) and only erase
> the latter when typing d.erase ? Or even better: automatically add a
> layer in the gui when you add it via the command line. This would also
> allow moving layers up and down the stack independently of how they were
> added.
>
> Then again, I don't know how often one would used such a mixed system of
> displaying things...

While this is theoretically possible, it's not how d.erase works. This would
entail a completely different command, built within the GUI that could turn
layers on an off or remove them from the layer list. This is what the layer
manager does--and perhaps a good reason to use it.

>>> Works great now !
>>> Any way to change the size of a legend ?
>>
>> Legend properties. Set in % of screen area like before.
>
> Works great, thanks.
>
> However, I have the mysterious situation that dragging and
> double-clicking scalebar or legend sometimes works and sometimes doesn't
>   (it never worked for me before, then it worked when I tried last time,
> now it doesn't again...). Still trying to figure this one out.

Let us know if you get an idea of what is happening here.

>>> - I get a gui error windows stating: "Execution failed:
>>> 'd.vect.thematic map=fields at PERMANENT column=cat --q'" and a message
>>> "You must open a display monitor" in the terminal.
>>
>> Pick the checkbox that says for display in GUI.
>
> It's the one in the 'Options' tab saying 'Output legend for GIS Manager
> (for scripting use only). Couldn't this be set by default ?

This whole script needs to be redone IMHO.

It would be nice if there were some way to set some other options by default
too. For example, I'd really like to have the overlay flag set for rasters.
This would seem to be more normal default behavior than having nulls set to
opaque.

Michael

Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University