[GRASSGUI] qgis interface alike

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sun Mar 25 15:16:53 EDT 2007

On 3/25/07 12:11 PM, "Daniel Calvelo" <dca.gis at gmail.com> wrote:

> That's what I meant by "Can the qgis plugin interface make sense as a
> "quick toolbox" alongside the heavier wxgui?". My concern is whether
> and how that would confuse users (especially newcomers) instead of
> giving them a gentler learning curve.
>
> I like the idea of having task-related or thematic groupings. Another
> fine idea from Radim is the building of the command icons with a very
> simple symbology; that might help making those thematic toolboxes
> friendlier.

I guess I don't understand the programming implications of the plugin
architecture.

I think that a toolbox idea is worth exploring when we have the rest of the
GUI well in hand (and it's coming along more rapidly than I would have
predicted).

I like the command icons and symbology. We really need an icon designer to
join this group.

Michael

Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University