[GRASS-GUI] wxPython in KyngChaos GRASS 6.4

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Fri Oct 16 09:18:28 EDT 2009

On Oct 16, 2009, at 6:45 AM, Neil Best wrote:

> I installed all of the KyngChaos frameworks for GRASS today and
> everything
> seems to be working except for the wxPython GUI.  When I type 'g.gui
> wxpython I get the following.  I have scoured the READMEs for clues
> but it
> seems like everything should just work out of the box.  Can anyone
> tell me
> what this means and what I should do?
>
> /Applications/GRASS-6.4.app/Contents/MacOS/etc/wxpython/wx/_core.py:4:
> RuntimeWarning: Python C API version mismatch for module _core_:
> This Python
> has API version 1012, module _core_ has version 1013.
>  import _core_
> /Applications/GRASS-6.4.app/Contents/MacOS/etc/wxpython/wx/_core.py:4:
> RuntimeWarning: Python C API version mismatch for module
> swig_runtime_data2:
> This Python has API version 1012, module swig_runtime_data2 has
> version
> 1013.

Maybe related to below...

> profile.py:
>    This module requires the NumPy module, which could not be
>    imported. It probably is not installed (it's not part of the
>    standard Python distribution). See the Numeric Python site
>    (http://numpy.scipy.org) for information on downloading source or
>    binaries.
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "/Applications/GRASS-6.4.app/Contents/MacOS/etc/wxpython/
> wxgui.py",
> line 80, in ?
>    import gui_modules.menudata as menudata
>  File
> "/Applications/GRASS-6.4.app/Contents/MacOS/etc/wxpython/gui_modules/
> menudata.py",
> line 24, in ?
>    import elementtree.ElementTree as etree # Python <= 2.4
> ImportError: No module named elementtree.ElementTree

Python <= 2.4 - Sounds like you are on OSX Tiger.  You must install
Python 2.5 (and not 2.6) from python.org for Tiger, since the system
Python is too old.

NumPy - I include a NumPy in my GDAL framework.  GRASS requires my
frameworks, make sure those are installed.  Frameworks for Tiger are
on the archive page of my site.  (Also make sure to get a Tiger
version from there, or you'll have more trouble)

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Those people who most want to rule people are, ipso-facto, those
least suited to do it."

- A rule of the universe, from the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy