[GRASS-PSC] Request: CVS Write Access to Serena Pallecchi

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Dec 8 16:30:32 EST 2006

Brad Douglas wrote:
>> I thought I already voted on this.
>>
>> +1
>
> Ditto. +1
>
> Maybe we could write a "secretarial" position into the PSC who keeps
> tally and summary on votes, etc?

Folks,

The approach I've taken in other venues is to require the person who makes
the motion to summarize the vote on closing.  This keeps the work load on
the person who was interested enough to propose the vote rather than just
dumping it on the chair.  I will say that digging through all the emails
in a thread to collect and summarize a motion vote can be 10-20 minutes
of work so I would hesitate to dump it on the chair on an active committee.

I think it is important to have a clear vote period, and to summarize the
results when a vote closes just so it is clear when something is settled.

Best regards,