[GRASS-PSC] Sharing the workload (was: Chair motion)

Markus Neteler neteler.osgeo at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 01:45:52 EST 2006

On Wed, Dec 13, 2006 at 04:57:09AM +0000, Brad Douglas wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-12-09 at 14:27 +0100, Markus Neteler wrote:
> > Here we go:
> > http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/Project_jobs
> >
> > Feel free to extend and clarify or to add more job descriptions.
>
> This is an excellent idea.  Would it be reasonable to add positions for
> maintaining various parts of GRASS?  Someone to review code submissions
> in a particular area (ie. raster, vector, imagery, database -- so four
> separate, but similar positions)?  I'm not sure how useful it would be
> at this point, but I thought I would suggest it.

I was recently giving a talk about
"Community based software development: The GRASS GIS project"
http://mpa.itc.it/markus/unitn2006/

where I talked about "code habitats". This is going into the
same direction, I think that we could try to describe that
(on a separate Wiki page maybe). Of course the related people
must agree to that to become sentinel for their area. It
already works like that, only that newcomers don't know
about it.

> Will this document be posted to the users and developer lists when
> ratified?

Yes (while I don't think that we need to formally ratify it).

> I can co-habit the PR position.  I lack some of the fundamental skills
> and time the position requires (ie. multi-lingual) so I can't handle it
> alone at this early stage.

Great - please add yourself.