[GRASS-PSC] Re: GRASS PSC

Markus Neteler neteler.osgeo at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 04:58:04 EDT 2006

On 10/26/06, Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com> wrote:
> Markus,
>
> Has there been a GRASS PSC meeting?  It seems that a plausible membership
> has been selected for a while, and that it would make sense to proceed
> within this group to establish an RFC-1 for operation, and making a few
> decisions.  Do you feel held up on some particular point?
>
> For instance, I think it would be reasonable to re-issue RFC-1 and ask for
> a vote by the PSC on it.  I think it would be a pity to lose the bit of
> momentum established with the PSC selection process.

Frank,

so far there was no meeting. Some members are unable to enter into IRC
(that's why I was suggesting that OSGeo offers the CGI-IRC client to all
project channels). Same thing for Skype (forbidden in various institutions).
But the real problem is the low interest of most people who have been
pushed into the GRASS PSC... :-(( But to not offend anyone: the momentum
in the GRASS project is pretty high, new bugtracker forthcoming, new
release almost done, new people arriving, grass.itc.it is consuming
> 30% of the institute's bandwidth (and we have 25 mirrors)!

I have updated at least
http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/GRASS_Project_Steering_Commitee#Status_September_2006

The RFC-1 was discussed very controversal, opinions were orthogonal.
Let's see if we can fix this. I cc to all PSC members.