[GRASS-PSC] Re: GRASS PSC

Scott Mitchell smitch at mac.com
Thu Oct 26 09:44:28 EDT 2006

On 26 Oct 2006, at 08:37, Maciej Sieczka wrote:

> Markus Neteler wrote:
>
>> I have updated at least
>> http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/
>> GRASS_Project_Steering_Commitee#Status_September_2006
>>
>> The RFC-1 was discussed very controversal, opinions were orthogonal.
>> Let's see if we can fix this. I cc to all PSC members.
>
> I, for one, don't have problems with it.
>
> technical note: there are 3 links to RFC-1 on the GRASS WIKI page;
> only the 3rd one links to actuall document, the 2 other link to
> http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1.txt; ???

Yes, weird - the others don't show up if I click on the edit tag,
either - a bug?

>> communication
>> archived?
>
> +1

+1 - I imagine that much discussion will occur in the bigger lists,
but also that part of the idea of delegation is that we're expected
to sort some things out ourselves.  Having an archive keeps the
discussions documented and open.

I've looked back over many of the old discussions, and the RFC-1.  I
perceived some concern in the mailing list posts about the nature of
the hierarchy outlined in the RFC, and I know we've wondered about
the role of "influential" contributors that have chosen not to be in
the PSC.  I've experimented with wording to try to hopefully
alleviate some of these concerns.  I am not completely happy with the
wording thus far, so have not committed the wording back into CVS,
but copy the relevant section here, along with a diff.

I also wonder about a longer voting period - I recognize the
advantage of keeping it short, but two days still seems very short to
me.  Maybe a week, the other suggestion in the archives, IS too
long?  Maybe a compromise of 4-5 business days?