[GRASS-PSC] Re: GRASS PSC

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Tue Oct 31 10:02:40 EST 2006

I agree with much of this thread and so won't copy it all yet again below.

With respect to voting, the kind of voting that Markus suggested (-1, -0, 0,
+0, +1) can be useful as a way to quickly get a consensus or find out if one
is not yet achievable. -0 and +0 express some degree of preference; +1 and
-1 indicate that the voter is willing to shoulder the responsibility to
achieve the end result.

Many things don't need a vote. Those that could most benefit are probably
the minor items where it would simply help to get people's opinion. The
major items need discussion and consensus.

Michael
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213