[GRASS-PSC] SoC

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Mon Jul 30 07:18:19 EDT 2007

On Mon, Jul 30, 2007 at 12:18:22PM +0200, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> I still think the easiest is to have everything in the same site. If
> someone is not specifically interested in that module, (s)he will not
> bother adding components.

Paolo,

it is not that easy - the GRASS CVS is known to be compilable
in 99.x% of cases. Who knows if such addons are always in this
state? Also, enforcement of SUBMITTING rules is more difficult
for 3rd party code while GRASS CVS follows this (besides legacy
code on which we continuously work).
Also: all modules in GRASS CVS are activated.

I (just my 0.02 cents) want to avoid that GRASS CVS becomes
a playground - if addons are left in a semi-done state and
nobody picks it up then broken code would be in CVS.
Yes, I would rather move out a couple of commands from CVS
to Addons :-)

I think that this will become much easier once the CVS is
migrated to SVN. This, however, requires some efforts of
people who do not have time lately incl the CVS admins.