[GRASS-PSC] Open issues regarding OSGeo Incubation

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Sun Mar 11 16:49:59 EDT 2007

On Fri, 9 Mar 2007, Helena Mitasova wrote:

> I believe that Paul's rewrite had broad support so unless there are any
> objections
> I suggest that you upload your version with Scott's modification and anything
> else that may be missing as the new RFC1 that we can have up for

OK I have this nearly ready to commit now. I've provisionally separated
out the voting procedures into a separate document that I've called RFC3,
as I felt that the amount of fine detail contained in that section of the
document distracted from the importance of the rest of it.

The biggest stumbling block I've come across is what the phrase "The GRASS
Project", as used quite frequently in the document, actually means.
Here is one idea I had but I suspect it may be overkill with too much
detail - the problem is I'm not sure whether it's best (legally) for the
future to have it as vague or as specific as possible! I suspect we as the
PSC want to limit the amount of work we have to do, hence making it
specific is good?

"The GRASS Project" is defined as the GPL-licenced GIS software known as
the Geographic Resources Analysis Support System, together with the
surrounding development, distribution and promotion infrastructure
currently headquarted at ITC-irst, Trento, Italy.

Any thoughts?

Paul