[GRASS-PSC] Open issues regarding OSGeo Incubation

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Sun Mar 11 17:41:03 EDT 2007

Hello Helena

On Sun, 11 Mar 2007, Helena Mitasova wrote:

> Paul.
>
> note that after I sent my email, Arnulf put the document on wiki where it is
> easier to access and comment
> on, so please put your updates there.
> http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/RFC1_Development_Page

OK will look at doing that later. But the one in the rfc/ directory in CVS
will still be the "official" version then?

> As for the definition of GRASS project, I think what you have proposed is
> good
> although we may skip "currently headquarted...." so
> that the definition does not have to be changed when e.g. the institution
> changes
> its name and in general so that it does not have the word "currently" which
> makes

OK - the reason I was being so specific was to be sure there is no
confusion with other versions of GRASS there are and have been in the
past: as I said I'm not sure if this is important or not; perhaps Arnulf
will be able to compare it to other projects as you suggested.

Paul