[GRASS-PSC] BLAS/LAPACK (Was:Incubation progress, open issues in Wiki)

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 5 23:24:17 EDT 2007

Brad Douglas wrote:
> Both Soren and myself would like to replace the BLAS/LAPACK (Fortran
> code) libraries with ATLAS, a tuned C version.  This also gets us away
> from the Fortran issues suffered by gcc4.
>
> If there are no objections, I would like to go ahead and modify
> configure.in and include/ to reflect this.
..
> One thing we have not discussed yet is possibly merging lib/gmath and
> lib/gpde.  Right now, we should probably leave it alone.  I haven't
> checked to see what all uses lib/gpde.

Hi,

IMO important technical decisions such as this need to happen over on
the grass-dev mailing list to allow contributions from all devels and
a single source for future thread archive searches.

and FWIW, fortran90 support in the latest gcc4 releases seems to be much
improved over earlier versions. (but AFAIK grass has ever only linked to
f77 stuff)

Hamish