[GRASS-PSC] GRASS 7 Migration from CVS to SVN

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 01:55:26 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I'm surprised there isn't bigger discussion about this. The migration
is crucial for the future development of GRASS. It seems that CVS->SVN
is not bigger problem for the community.

I am not quite sure about OSGeo, the future, etc. People Intevation.de
were offering stable support for many year (big thanks!). BTW, is
there anyone from Intevation.de who is following this discussion?

>From my point of view is important infrastructure for developers,
users. In comparison GForge + CVS(or SVN) + Mediawiki Trac is *much
much* more better, integrated, it is fun to work with. I am not sure
but I understood that the people from Intevation.de don't want to use
Trac or something similar. It seems that GForge is not really used by
the community. The change is needed anyway...

Best regards, Martin

Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa *