[GRASS-PSC] Re: [GRASS-dev] GRASS 7 Migration from CVS to SVN

Jan-Oliver Wagner jan-oliver.wagner at intevation.de
Thu Sep 27 14:37:26 EDT 2007

On Thursday 27 September 2007 12:16, Markus Neteler wrote:
> Jan-Oliver Wagner wrote on 09/27/2007 10:37 AM:
> >
> >> http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/SVN_hosting
> >
> > this list apparenly is driven by the wish to go to osgeo.
> > The contras against GForge are basicall contras against the bug tracker
> > and I fail to see a neutral judgement.
>
> It would be nice (and note, it is a Wiki), to add more about GForge to
> make it
> neutral. Please contribute since you will know GForge way better than
> me/Martin
> or others. The functionality which is desired I could not find,
> especially the
> SVN-GForge integration. Maybe there is a plugin or extension which we don't
> know and which would make things possible.

one of the Admins of the GForge grass project can switch on other modules,
among them SCM (Source Code Management, == SVN), a wiki (I don't like
this implementation) and other stuff.

> > It seems, a decision was made before argument collection.
>
> So far no decision was made.
> We can only decide once we have a complete comparison. If you say that it
> is incomplete, please add the missing bits.

well, no one else is apparently interested in using the SVN module of
GForge and thus trying to collect (or remove) arguments.
After all I am currently not an active GRASS developer.
If the active developers or PSC want SVN at OSGeo, please go for it.

Best

	Jan

--
Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner                                   Intevation GmbH