[GRASS-PSC] Re: New project sponsorship - was Re: [Board] Project Sponsors for Incubating Projects

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Apr 8 10:01:00 EDT 2008

Markus Neteler wrote:
> While we are at it: do we have guidelines how to set up a new
> sponsorship program? I want to launch one for GRASS now given
> that we no longer use the IRST server as primary infrastructure.
>
> I see
>  http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Project_Sponsorship
> but that doesn't address our needs. We want to collect small
> money donations first which aren't under level regulations.
> Think "donate button".

Markus,

We have no program for this, and the sponsorship program was explicitly
established to handle larger amounts because of a concern that small
amounts would prove to be a hassle to manage properly.

Perhaps the finance committee could consider mechanisms for handling
project directed small donations efficiently.

Best regards,