[GRASS-PSC] GRASS-addons svn write access request

Damiano G. Preatoni prea at uninsubria.it
Wed Dec 23 02:56:11 EST 2009

In un messaggio del Wednesday 23 December 2009, Hamish ha scritto:
> Damiano wrote:
> >   I would like to have write-right access to the
> > GRASS-addons svn repository.
> >   I have read the GRASS RFC2 and I accept it.
>
> sure thing.
> what's your osgeo id?
> what does your new module do?

The v.transect.KIA module calculates kilometric abundance indexes (KIA), a
common indirect presence index used in wildlife monitoring.
Basically user needs to supply a point vector (object locations) and a line
vector (survey transects paths) to have an abundance index calculated as an
attribute in paths attributes table.
Optionally, path lengths can be corrected by draping on a DEM, different type
of point objects can be weighted according to their relative importance, and
paths can be segmented using a further polygon vector (to calculate, say,
abundances per elevation range or per habitat class).
The module is written in bash and needs a GRASS install compiled with sqlite
support.

My osgeo ID is prea.

--
A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere.
		-- Groucho Marx

Unità di Analisi e Gestione delle Risorse Ambientali
Dipartimento Ambiente-Salute-Sicurezza
Università degli Studi dell'Insubria
Via J.H. Dunant, 3 - 21100 Varese (ITALY)

tel +39 0332421538 fax +39 0332421446
http://biocenosi.dipbsf.uninsubria.it/
ICQ: 78690321 jabber: prea at jabber.org skype: prea.net
Please do not send attachments in proprietary formats
Use the UNI CEI Standard ISO/IEC 26300:2006
O< stop html mail - http://www.asciiribbon.org