[GRASS-PSC] GRASS-addons svn write access request

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 23 04:00:12 EST 2009

Damiano wrote:
> The v.transect.KIA module calculates kilometric abundance
> indexes (KIA), a common indirect presence index used in
> wildlife monitoring.
> Basically user needs to supply a point vector (object
> locations) and a line vector (survey transects paths)
> to have an abundance index calculated as an attribute in
> paths attributes table.

Interesting. Can you include distance from transect line, number
of individuals as part of the point data, etc., or is it assumed
that the point data has already had it's x,y corrected for that
sort of thing? (or for this does it not matter) .. I'd expect
that your chance of spotting would decay exponentially as the
critters moved further away from the transect line so some sort
of correction could be determined/applied..

be sure to add it in the wiki addons page and also the wiki
Research applications->Wildlife Zoology page.

fyi, the addons are a bit more free-form, but the tradition for
official modules is to use only lower case letters in module
names and parameter names.

> My osgeo ID is prea.

now activated.

cheers,