[GRASS-PSC] Re: Donations for the GRASS project

Massimiliano Cannata massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch
Mon May 25 14:14:21 EDT 2009

Thanks for the information,
I see this is in line with OSgeo policy and I have no objection at all.
(I didn't want to be negative, I just had some thought and personal
considerations.)

The Qgis Sponsorship and Donation program look well structured, and we
can take inspiration from that.

Here are some other questions that I have:
- Do GRASS need to be a legal entity to manage donations and
sponsorship? (probably OSGeo can do it for GRASS if required)...
- What kind of implication can it have in terms of administration?
- How to transparently allocate resources? (This is something that I
think should be discussed to ensure donors to see how their $$ are
effectively spent.)

Maxi

--

Dr. Eng. Massimiliano Cannata