[GRASS-PSC] FW: GRASS import from / export to MaxEnt

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Jul 27 07:57:15 EDT 2011

Stefan,

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 7:29 AM, Blumentrath, Stefan
<Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> In order to do efficient species distribution modeling I use to combine
> GRASS and MaxEnt (see http://www.cs.princeton.edu/~schapire/maxent/). This
> is why I now have written a script for importing statistical result from
> MaxEnt into GRASS. I have a script for exporting from GRASS to MaxEnt as
> well, but this is not “cleaned” and documented yet.
>
> If you think this could be interesting to include into the
> GRASS-Addons-SVN-repository, I would like to publish the script(s).
>
> I read and accepted the RFC2 and my boss agreed on publishing the script(s)
> under the GPL >=2 license.

Thanks for your offer which we would be happy to accept.
Please send me your OSGeoID in order to activate your
account.

It would be good to have the script(s) as conformant as possible
with the GRASS Coding Style, see

http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-addons/SUBMITTING
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-addons/SUBMITTING_PYTHON
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-addons/SUBMITTING_SCRIPTS