[GRASS-PSC] GRASS-SVN access

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Sat Jun 2 12:51:50 PDT 2012

On Fri, 1 Jun 2012, Markus Neteler wrote:

> On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 1:59 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
>>      ^^^^^^- call for vote

>>> fwiw, even if non-controversial, granting access requires us to record
>>> a formal vote,
>>>
>>> RFC1:
>>> "The following issue(s) <b>must</b> have a vote called before a
>>> decision is reached:
>>>
>>> - Granting source code repository write access for new developers
>>> "
>>
>> Sure.
>> See my other mail for non-active members, so I believe that
>> a quorum is sufficient.
>
> Current state:
>
> Michael Barton: support
> Dylan Beaudette: ?
> Hamish Bowman: support
> Massimiliano Cannata: support
> Brad Douglas: ?
> Paul Kelly: ?
> Helena Mitasova: support
> Scott Mitchell: ?
> Markus Neteler: support
> Maciej Sieczka: ?
>
> I hope we can collect more vote soon.

Based on the recommendations by Markus, Martin and Anne, my vote for
Vaclav being granted write access is +0 (mild support).

FWIW, I normally abstain from these votes as I don't think a +1 (support
for the proposal and willingness to support implementation) is technically
the correct vote to give, when I won't be directly involved in any way in
integrating the new committer into the GRASS development team, e.g. by
setting write permissions on the SVN server or peer reviewing code
submissions for the new person being granted access.

But I don't want my +0 vote to be seen as in any way indicating lack of
support for adding the new contributor when everyone else is liberally
dispensing +1s! Hence my usual abstention, to avoid my pedantry
accidentally offending anyone ;)

Paul