[GRASS-PSC] too many branches => retirement GRASS6.5.svn (=develbranch6)

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Mon Apr 7 02:22:34 PDT 2014

On 06/04/14 15:25, Martin Landa wrote:
> Hi,

>> As already mentioned I was also a bit surprised by this. I'm not sure we are
>> really ready for something more than a tech-preview (and not a real
>> release), but maybe it could be the kick in the behind that we need to once
>> and for all move over to GRASS7 as the main official branch...
>
> well, what is missing from your point of view?

In my understanding we were still quite far away from solving the python
on windows issues.

On Linux GRASS7 already works marvelously (although encoding issues in
the GUI just seem to be multiplying, but that's a discussion for bug
tickets not here).

Not even to speak about the debate about the general form of GRASS
("program" to launch or environment) launched by Glynn. But maybe this
is more for grass8 ?

> I would be able to
> imagine to release 7.0.0 around June...

I we can solve the outstanding problems by then, great.

Moritz