[GRASS-PSC] too many branches => retirement GRASS6.5.svn (=develbranch6)

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 06:31:18 PDT 2014

> Hamish, maybe you could be the official grass6 maintainer, managing the
> whole grass6 development in the way you propose, i.e. any new development
> and bugfixes first go into grass6dev for a period of testing, before _you_
> make the decision that something can be backported to grass6release. I do
> think however, that for this to work, we would need to regularly publish
> snapshots of grass6dev for easy testing.

I think we should really stop thinking about GRASS 6 "development",
ideally we should fully focus our energy on GRASS 7. We do not have
enough man-power for keeping development in GRASS 6, simply saying. So
please bug fix only should go there (relbr64). No new functionality.

Martin

--
Martin Landa * http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa