[GRASS-PSC] Sponsoring program

Margherita Di Leo diregola at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 09:01:25 PDT 2014

Markus, All,

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 5:47 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:

> PSC,
>
> we have received a donation from a company where the donor expected to
> be listed at
>
> http://grass.osgeo.org/support/our-sponsors/
>
> We (Martin and me) assumed that they donated for the Vienna Sprint
> (list of donors is on the Wiki page) but they expect to be mentioned
> on the main site.
>
> Since we do not communicate well who-goes-where, I suggest that we
> develop a sponsorship program like other OSGeo projects to (or OSGeo
> itself).
> We need to clearly communicate what a sponsor will "get back" at which
> amount.

+1

> Suggestions are welcome,

I suggest to create a section in the website for long term/historical
sponsors, and list the new sponsors in the web page only if they donate /
contribute regularly (Say, once a year - I would indicate a certain lower
threshold for the amount). Event-based donors and micro-donors will be
listed into the wiki page of the event.
This is my 2 eurocents

best,
madi

--
Best regards,

Dr. Margherita DI LEO
Scientific / technical project officer

European Commission - DG JRC
Via Fermi, 2749
I-21027 Ispra (VA) - Italy - TP 261

Tel. +39 0332 78 3600
margherita.di-leo at jrc.ec.europa.eu

Disclaimer: The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may not
in any circumstance be regarded as stating an official position of the
European Commission.